In response to the Covid 19 pandemic we want to assure you that we have measures in place to protect you and your family whilst undergoing an assessment with Cornwall Autism.
Our on-line assessment tool is the ultimate way of ensuring your safety as the whole process will take place in the comfort and safety of your own home.
If you feel that an online assessment is not right for you and your child, we have the following measures in place to minimise the risk of infection when carrying out face to face assessments:
- If we have any symptoms of Coronavirus prior to a face to face assessment meeting, we will contact you by telephone in order to rearrange the appointment. Likewise, if you have symptoms of Coronavirus such as a temperature, dry cough or loss of smell and taste, we ask that you contact us in order that we can rearrange the appointment.
- Where possible we will maintain a distance of 2 metres when carrying out assessments with you and your child
- We will ensure that hand hygiene (hand washing and using hand gel) is used prior to the appointment and will request that you do the same on entering the building where the assessment is due to take place.
- We will ask you and your family if you have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus when we meet you for your face to face assessment or if you have had contact with anyone who may have the virus. If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who may have contracted the virus we will cancel the appointment and arrange another date with you when you and your family are symptom free.
- If, for parts of the assessment and on entering and leaving the building, we cannot maintain a 2 metre distance, we will wear a face mask and will also request that you do the same; if there are reasons that you are not able to do this, we request that you discuss this with us before the appointment.
- We will ensure that any equipment we use is cleaned thoroughly with antibacterial cleaning products prior to using it with your child; we will also clean all surfaces prior to your assessment.
- We will dispose of all PPE in a safe way
- We will send you specific instructions about the assessment venue and safety measures prior to the appointment.